In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, many institutions pivoted to one form of emergency remote teaching or the other. However, many of the emergency remote teaching and learning initiatives, which were hurriedly organised, lacked the pedagogical and instructional design principles of open and distance learning. Thus, in a bid to improve the online teaching and learning process, the Distance Learning Institute, University of Lagos, requested the Regional Training and Research
Institute for Distance and Open Learning (RETRIDOL) to train its staff in the fundamentals of online teaching competencies.
The overarching objective of the workshop is to develop participants’ knowledge and
skills to effectively teach and interact with learners online:
- Equip participants with the necessary skills and competencies to manage and sustain online teaching and learning
- Build competencies of participants in creating content for online interaction
- Equip participants with the skills to maintain engagement in an online learning environment.
Academic staff of the Distance Learning Institute, University of Lagos.
Initial presentations by resource person, followed by discussions and practical activities. At the end of the workshop, each participant is expected to develop an online facilitation plan, populate an online learning environment with learning resources and activities, and record a facilitation session.
- Prof. Christine I. Ofulue
- Dr Adewale Adesina
- Dr Lukuman Bello
- Oluwaseun Oluyide
- Register and complete the short course – Understanding Open Educational
- Resources – https://colcommons.org/
- Pre-workshop survey.